Why Choose Tonneau Covers for Your Truck
Tonneau covers are a great choice for pickup truck drivers who regularly haul cargo in their truck beds. When your pickup truck’s bed is covered, cargo is kept safely inside the bed and out of the elements. Cargo is also kept away from the prying eyes of would-be thieves! In addition to keeping your cargo safe and protected, a tonneau cover can enhance your truck’s aerodynamics for a better driving experience.
Types of Tonneau Covers
- Soft Folding Covers: A soft folding tonneau cover is easy to install and can fold up in sections. It’s a lightweight and easy-to-install option.
- Hard Folding Covers: Hard folding tonneau covers are much like their soft counterparts; however, their rigid material means that they are heavier. This is counteracted by their improved security and ability to hold weight.
- Soft Roll-Up Covers: Soft roll-up covers are designed to roll up like a mat. You can safely drive with the cover stretched out or rolled up.
- Hard Roll-Up Covers: Heavier than a soft roll-up tonneau cover, a hard roll-up tonneau cover offers more security and can hold more weight than the soft covers.
- Retractable Covers: Retractable tonneau covers slide into a special canister in the bed. These tend to be pricier than similar roll-up covers; however, it offers better security along with the same convenience.
- One-Piece Covers: One-piece tonneau covers provide exceptional protection and look great; they can even be ordered to match your truck’s paint job. However, installing and removing these covers is a longer and more in-depth process.